Do you remember the first time you spoke into a microphone? It was an exciting experience, wasn’t it? How a stick-like instrument can make your voice so strong and beautiful is something impressive! But that’s not the only way you can use a microphone these days. You can use it to record sound on your laptop – no need for extra speakers or other instruments.
You can also use it to stream sound using state-of-the-art technology and know-how. Suffice it to say that you can set up a studio in your home, produce sound as perfect as you can get in professional studios, and no one will notice the difference. This is only possible if you invest in the best USB microphone.
Before you start learning about this sound instrument in online and offline stores. Here are a few things to consider. These are basic reminders, so feel free to add whatever you want to the list.
- What exactly do you need – to record voices or play games on your Xbox? In the latter case, you can choose pretty much anything you want, but if it’s to record vocals, you may have to limit your search to better quality and a little more versatility. At the very least, you should be able to mount it on a stand or on your desk.
- Choosing the best USB microphone for singing or any other audio need depends largely on your budget. If you’re looking for a high-quality microphone, you may need to save money if your budget allows it. There are inexpensive microphones available for beginner musicians and others. You may want to check them out to see how they work for you.
- You should also pay attention to how the microphones are used when you buy them. Different brands have different models, but in most cases, you will see many that are designed to have condenser characteristics. Other models you may encounter are bi-directional, cardioid/unidirectional and omnidirectional.
With these three tips in mind, you are certainly on the verge of getting what you want. With that in mind, we’ve put together a list to help you. On this list, you will find the best affordable USB microphone at an affordable price, with a wide variety of models.
Top 5 Best USB Microphone to Choose
Based on the above-mentioned advice, experience, and opinions, we have been able to develop these highly recommended products.
5. Kinobo Makio Mic for Laptops and PCs
- Very small – 0.8/0.2 X 0.8 inch
- Lightweight – 0.32 ounce
- Color black
It’s the smallest of all the lists, but it has great qualities that would make you wonder how such a small thing can do all this. Just plug it into your port and that’s it. It doesn’t take up any extra space, it’s perfect for face-to-face, voice-over-IP and voice recognition. It’s also the best affordable USB microphone regarding its great qualities.
- It is so small that you can take it with you anywhere and no feel discomforted
- It works without drivers
- Cancels noise and picks up sound from a distance
- Very affordable
- Not a great option if you are looking for a high-quality audio
- Not very effective on desktops compared to laptops
The advantage of this product is that it is tiny, effective and affordable. But don’t expect it to make magic sounds for you.
4. USB Microphone Fifine Plug and Play
- Extended frequency response
- Adjustable metal stand
- Omnidirectional pick-up pattern
- A portable plug and play feature
This product is the best USB microphone for gaming and other occasions. It has a typical look and can be used on a desk stand. The directionality is distinctive, it isolates the main sound and cancels noise. It can be used for more than just games and skype calls, you can also use it to record good quality sounds with your laptop.
- The wide frequency response allows for transparent quality sound
- Portable and lightweight
- Cost-effective considering what it has to offer
- The interface is easy to use
- Not loud enough for some occasions
- Takes up a little extra space
Getting this mark won’t leave a dent in your bank account, plus it offers all the basic functions expected of a microphone. Note that it is convenient for basic functions, maybe a little more for non-basic functions, but that’s all.
3. Rode NT-USB
- Easy dials for control over mixing and monitoring
- Great polar pattern or pick-up
- Weighs 1.15 pounds
- Zero-latency stereo jack
- Comes with a tripod desk stand, pop shield, storage pouch, and a cable
If you are looking for the best USB dynamic microphone, then this is the one for you. It’s technologically advanced and comes with everything you need to set it up. One of the features that make it more advanced than many others on the market is the built-in stereo jack and two easy-to-use knobs for better control of mixing and monitoring levels.
- You can monitor the microphone input in real-time with the help of the zero-latency stereo jack
- Compatible with all mainstream recording applications on windows and mac operating systems
- High-quality sound recording
- Comes with a number of useful accessories
- A little bit on the high side
- Not so easy to set up
- Some of the accessories are designed with inferior plastic materials
Considering what you get from this microphone, it has received a lot of reviews as the best affordable USB microphone. It’s not a bad idea at all to invest in it. If you want clearer sound and better functionality, then this is a good one. According to some critics, it is a bit too technical to be installed and should be handled with extreme care. Apart from all that, it is an excellent product.
2. Blue Yeti
- Great condenser properties
- Tri-capsule technology
- 4 pick-up patterns – cardioid, omnidirectional, stereo, ad bidirectional
- Compatible with windows and mac operating systems
When it comes to serious matters, you make the extra effort to meet up. The product is the best USB microphone for podcasting, Youtube videos, DIY music recording and other occasions when extra input is needed. It has received many excellent reviews both online and offline. It has the best condenser properties, 3-capsule technology for crisp rendering, 4 different capture modes to playback at your leisure, and high-precision recordings.
- The 4 different patterns make it more versatile and useful
- Works well with the windows and mac operating systems
- Produces perfect sounds for musical instruments, conference calls, field recordings, voice-overs, etc.
- The tri-capsule technology allows for greater advantage
- May have issues with repairs if it breaks down
- Customer service not so helpful most of the time
- Does not come with accessories
According to many critics, this product is one of the best for streaming radio stations. Players have loved it because it can record great audio without any static noise. However, it doesn’t come with all the accessories you might need. So, for the best experience, you may need to invest in some accessories.
1. Blue Snowball Ice
- Optional omnidirectional pattern
- Decibel control property
- Quality frequency response; 40 – 18KHZ
- Mid-range equalization
If you love music, then recording your voice while singing is not the only thing you’re concerned about. You need to worry about a product that can record both your voice and your musical instruments. The blue snowball ice cream is the best USB microphone for acoustic guitar as well as other musical instruments you can think of. You can set it up at home or in the studio, in either case, it gives you the unmatched result you want.
- A cost-effective way of recording crystal clear audio
- Great value for money
- No drivers required – simple plug and play
- Peculiar design
- Not the best equalization
- The polar response is not fine-tuned
Not only does this product look different and better than its counterpart, but it is also of better quality, better price, and better reviews. It’s easy to choose the best affordable USB microphone with amazing qualities. Other products of the same quality and versatility keep 3 times as much. This can make you wonder if the product is as good as they say it is. The truth is, it’s as good as they say it is, so don’t worry.
In case you’re wondering, if you get the best USB microphone for yourself, you do not have to worry about the set-up because it’s pretty easy and straight forward. Here is what you should do.
- Plug the wire into your computer’s USB port.
- Install it with the installation CD. Once you have entered the CD, you will see instructions on the screen on how to proceed. Follow them carefully to the end.
- Immediately afterward, you have to restart your computer for everything to be in order and to work properly.
And that’s it. For settings, just go to the taskbar to adjust the audio properties. You can simply follow the on-screen instructions for the hardware test wizard.