If you’re a technician reading this article, we think you already know what a torpedo level is. But if you’re not a technician, chances are you’ve stumbled across that word for the first time. If you belong to the second category of people, you don’t have to worry because the purpose of this article is to direct people who are looking for the best torpedo level in the world to the right tools. However, before going any further, let’s give an overview of the subject.
What is a Torpedo Level?
A torpedo level is a level that allows a user to work in restricted workspaces. Commonly used by workers, the torpedo level typically measures between 6 and 12 inches. At other times, it measures between 6 and 11 inches. In addition, most are lightweight tools, making them very easy to transport. There are many products competing for users’ attention. Nevertheless, our mission is to help you make a good choice by examining some of the top 5 products on the market.
Top 5 Best Torpedo Level in the World
5. Empire Level (EM81.9)
- It comes with a magnetic edge that allows the user to mount it on different surfaces
- With the pipe groove that extends to the edge, a user can slide it into spots with limited spaces to obtain more reliable results
- Its vials are 45 degrees, plumb and levels
- The leveling wall vials are surrounded by bright white circles
- It measures 10.8×2.9×0.6 inches
- This tool weighs 4 ounces
This is the tool that will kick off our ranking today. Whether you’re a professional user or a simple do-it-yourselfer, you’ll find this tool useful in your daily work. Made by Empire True Blue, it is an aluminum level with a precision of 0.0005 inches. Let’s see more details.
- This level is good for beginners as it is affordable
- It is a long-lasting level
- The manufacturer of this tool gives a lifetime warranty
- It has a frame at both edges to allow for a firm grip
- Indeed, it offers a great deal of accuracy
- It comes with a magnetic strip that firmly holds onto workpieces
- While majority of torpedo levels have four vials, this tool has three vials
Well, this tool has many advantages for the user. In truth, in order to offer a certain accuracy, it shows that this level of torpedo is a must. However, we should point out that if you need a tool that has a complete vial, you may want to check the rest because it’s missing 30 degrees in this tool.
4. Goldblatt Lightened Torpedo Level
- It comes with a nightlight with 2AAA alkaline batteries
- On its surface, this tool has an aluminum alloy
- It intuitively reads three angles: 0, 45 and 90 degrees
- It has a 4-piece firm magnetic base
- It measures 9.4x1x1.8 inches
- This tool weighs 10.6 ounces
So, if you consider the accuracy of the previous tool to be low, then this torpedo level may blow your mind. Guess what, its accuracy is .029. Well, if that’s not cool, what is? Plus, it’s very practical. And interestingly, that’s not all it has to offer.
- For its built-in nightlight, users can work at night and dark places
- Given its weight, it is easy to carry about
- It comes with hanger holes that make it easy to read from a certain height
- It boasts proper measurement in both metric and SAE
- The aluminum part enables firm grasp
- The aluminum used to make this tool is soft, so it can easily dent when it falls from a certain height
- This tool is expensive
This tool allows you to shift up a gear because it offers many advantages. The LEDs, which allow users to work at night, and the improved accuracy of 0.029 are all advantages of a single tool. Indeed, it’s worth spending money on it.
3. Swanson Tool (Savage)
- This tool has a neodymium magnet for a firm grip on workpieces
- The edges feature metric rules and etched SAE
- The three-point build maintains a firm grip on pipes
- Its dimensions are 9×4.3×0.8 inches
- It weighs 6.1 ounces
- The top and bottom vials are sealed to ensure that the tool remains accurate
Are you a carpenter, plumber or shopkeeper? If so, what happens if we tell you that there is a torpedo level that offers accuracy up to 0.029 and is also much cheaper? Well, that’s what Swanson Tool offers. There are other details you should be aware of.
- It is a durable and long-lasting leveling tool
- It offers complete four vials
- This level has holes at the 30-degree vial and plumb for readability
- This torpedo level boasts accuracy up to 0.029
- It is affordable
- For improved readability, it is designed to reflect light into its vials
- The vials are not properly sealed, which makes the bubbles to increase and vials lose some fluid
We have to admit that the increase in bubbles and loss of fluids are problems that should bother potential users. However, it is necessary to appreciate the amount of effort put into this room. More importantly, since it is relatively affordable with a high level of precision, these are heart-warming advantages. Therefore, no matter how you look at it, this tool is a good buy.
2. Stabila 25100
- It is built with 10” die-cast metal frame
- This German tool also has two acrylic vials, lying horizontally and vertically
- Given its size, it seamlessly fits into tool holster
- It weighs 4 ounces
- Just like many other torpedo levels, this tool is made of aluminum
- It measures 1.8x10x.08 inches
- It uses the metric measurement system
As we finish our list, Stabila 25100 takes second place. Although this is a high level, we must insist that it can exceed the budget of beginners. After experimenting with this tool, we realized that it is lighter and more durable, unlike the other levels on this list. Read on and find out more details
- Because of its size and weight, it is easy to carry about
- Its rare earth magnets make it more accurate (0.029)
- It also comes with a lifetime warranty
- The acrylic vials are easy-to-read, monoblock and unbreakable
- It is durable and is no challenge using it in harsh workplaces
- A beginner or DIY user may find it expensive
More often than not, good products are expensive. However, if you are a professional in a field that requires it, we advise you to look beyond the price and get this tool. Indeed, we are talking about the reliable values that it offers and that should be paramount for every intended user.
1. Stanley 43-511
- It comes with a heavy-duty aluminum frame
- It weighs 5.4 ounces
- It also has rubber all-round the body
- Its length is 9 inches
- This tool has 3 vials
So far, the emphasis has been on affordability. Well, to solve this problem once and for all, this tool from Stanley is here. Yes, that’s why it’s number one on our list. Aside from the fact that it’s budget-friendly, it’s relatively accurate. Now, look at the other features.
- The vial is positioned on the top for improved readability
- It is very portable, so it is easy to carry around
- The heavy aluminum frame improves its durability and accuracy
- For hands-free use on metallic surfaces, it has a metallic base
- It has a non-marring rubber that contains shocks
- For easy use around round surfaces, it has a built-in pipe groove
- Its accuracy is a bit disappointing
- Its magnetic strength is not strong enough
Well, it’s not a classic example of a perfect tool. Furthermore, it is worrying that users complain about its magnetic force. That said, this tool has taken our top spot because it is unique. Yes, it’s distinguished by the fact that it’s an extremely cheap tool, but it does offer a certain degree of accuracy. While it’s a great starting point for do-it-yourselfers and beginners, experts may find it a bit ugly.
Who has observed that tool manufacturers never point out the weaknesses of their tools? Well, it’s a business strategy, and that’s why we’re here to tell you everything you need to know about the torpedo levels that exist. So, we’ve researched and developed for you this incredible top five-tool. You may be wondering what criteria we used to come up with these five tools. Guess what, you have a right to know. It’s precision, readability, scale, notches, holes on the body or top, magnets, price, bubble size, portability, warranty and more. While there are not all the factors that many pros look for, they are just about the most important of all.
So, it’s time to put an end to the search for the best torpedo level and order one of the above-mentioned tools. On the other hand, are you a professional who thinks a torpedo level is worth mentioning here? Please do not hesitate to let us know. And be sure to tell us why you think it is such a good tool.