We are very familiar with the printers in our office. It is one of the most useful items in the office. We would be requiring it daily. There are so many important print-outs to be taken. It should be quick, and the colour should also be great. Of late, there has been an increase in the number of printers that are bought for use at home too. This is because we have to take work home also.
Moreover, our children also need help with homework and assignments. It is not feasible to go out for the prints. It is great to have the best printer for home use.
Now we have to start searching for one. The heavy duty ones that are in use at our offices could be too costly. Very rarely, we would use these items at home. This is the main reason for having to undertake a lot of research. The one which we would buy should have the resolution correct but should not be very expensive also. There are so many ones from the best brands that make it very difficult to choose one among them. We have undertaken research and come up with an overview of what is the best printer for home use.
How to Select the Best One?
Which one to buy – laserjet? The buyer needs to understand the prints that they would be taking. If it is only about assignments for their children or the route to their friend’s party, then the laserjet would not be the cheapest option. But if additional glossier prints are needed, then it is the only choice.
The replenishments. We find that our mobile phones are cheaper than the accessories. It could be the same case with the printers. We should have an idea about the cost of the accessories; viz. the cartridge and other accessories. We should find out the rate plans of the cartridges also when we are searching for the printer.
Duplex – is it needed? Most of the best printers for home are capable of duplex. You never know as for your home you will also need to save on the paper. It could be a very difficult choice to make, but it could have a lot for you.
The handling of paper. It could happen that if you opt for a low end printer, you may end up having to add paper every time you need to print. While could be a minor point for you, it always serves to ensure that the tray is sizeable enough so that it could hold different sizes of paper also.
Top 5 Best Printer for Home Use
5. HP LaserJet Pro M15w Printer
- It has a Wi-Fi connection and also comes with a mobile app that helps to print from your smartphone
- The trays also fold very well and do not occupy much space
- There is a mechanism in the app that could inform you when the cartridge needs to be filled again
Is it your office or home machine? You may get puzzled at its great performance. Its size is also small and does not occupy much of your study room space. It is why we start the list of the best home color printer with this one.
- It does not occupy too much space and helps those working from home
- It is among the cheapest ones available for us
- It is able to cater to various sizes of paper
- The print speed is not so fast as the other ones
- There is no LCD display
It is among the cheaper ones and what more can you get at such a price. It is quite suitable for your home if you are not opting for a heavy duty one.
4. Samsung Xpress C1810W
- There is an LCD display, and the control panel is also great
- The product allows us to configure the machine through the web interface. Monitoring can also be done through this interface
- Its size is also within limits, and it can be accommodated in the house also
The machine ensures that printing is easy, and it is supported by an app as well. You can work on a mountain of pages and still it stays within your budget. It ranks high up among the best printers for home use.
- It stays online at all times through the connectivity through wireless means
- It has an Android plug-in which will allow prints from any app that is supported
- The prints are also great and with sharp edges
- It is not among the faster ones
- The duplex arrangement is not in auto mode
In spite of the few hiccups, it is among the best color laser printer for home. It is mainly because of the know-how and speed taken to print the pages.
3. Kyocera Ecosys P5026
- The item is able to print from two sides and also allows to print from flash drives
- The speed is great and allows us to print almost twenty six pages (A4) in one minute
- You can also connect to your phones using an app
We are going to start the list of the best home printers with this one. It is a must have for those who are working from home. It is known for being consistent that helps its owners a lot.
- Given that it is for your home, you expect it to be quiet. This best laser printers for home is so quiet none would even notice
- The colour prints are great, and its cartridges also last very long
- It has great print speeds, and the setting up process is easy
- It looks too big, and it is unable to scan documents
- There is no SD Card functionality
In spite of a few drawbacks, it is a great one being one for use at home. It is a heavy duty machine that can almost reach the orienting speeds of your office machine.
2. Canon ImageCLASS MF249dw
- It supports multiple functions like printing, scanning, fax and copying making it among the best laser printer for home
- The speed is great upto 28 pages every minute; given that you would need thousands of prints
- The owner can have around 250 sheets in the tray, making it easy for them to operate
It is among the few ones that can be used for multiple activities. It supports wireless connections and ensures connectivity from mobile phones also.
- It allows pages to be scanned and easily sent over any email or fax
- The accessories are cheap, and this ensures a lower cost per page
- The auto feeder allows the user to have copies on a continuous basis
- It does not support colour prints that are a critical drawback
It is among the few ones that are for all purposes and supports wireless connectivity. The benefits are offset by the fact that it does not support coloured prints.
1. Brother HL-L2350DW
- It is able to print from various platforms like Google Cloud or Apple AirPrint
- It has a capacity to print around 150 sheets and can work for 32 pages in a minute
- The resolution is also high and is able to print over Wi-Fi and USB
There could be cheaper options, but the features that come with it are quite envious. It does not occupy much space but is fast also that makes it one of choice amongst us.
- It is able to support duplex and is able to print on various medium; viz. paper, labels, envelopes, etc.
- It is compatible with all major operating systems making your prints without any hassles. It is also compatible with Android and iOS
- The cost of printing is also within your limits – around 3.3 cents per print
- There have been negative reviews about its quality of graphics
It is known for its Japanese quality, and it is quite friendly for your budget. The entry level model is also laden with features making it the best home color laser printer.
We may not be printing in droves at home. But some of us have a small home office. Also, our kids have their assignments that need to be printed occasionally. It always serves to have all the tools at our disposal. However, there are so many of the products in the market from which we can choose. We also need to ask the producer the right questions to ensure that we are choosing the best. Would not it be great if we could go through an article that would list out the best and the parameters that we should refer?
We have created this list of the best laser printer for home use to help our readers. It details the features and the pros and cons of the best ones that are available. We expect our readers to make an informed choice before buying one.