Poppers are inhaled substances containing a specific class of chemicals known as alkyl nitrites. Used as recreational drugs, they are particularly popular in gay culture and are inhaled as vapors directly from UV-resistant bottles, which preserve the contents and prevent them from degrading.
The positive effects of poppers include a pleasant recreational high, increased heart rate and relaxation of the anal sphincter muscles, which is important for safe gay sex.
However, overuse of poppers can cause burning eyes, constant coughing, and persistent headaches, as well as skin lesions around the lips and nose.
So how can you be sure you are using one of the best, if not the best poppers on the market? Our comprehensive guide aims to make sure you use the best poppers, avoiding counterfeits and getting high without endangering your health.
Top 3 Best Poppers on the Market
3. Iron Fist
- Composed of amyl nitrite
- Comes in a 30ml metal bottle
Iron Fist is a newcomer on the market, and its effects are pleasantly mild, thanks to its amyl nitrite composition. It is also portable, which makes it easy to use on the go and gives it a fashionable reputation among its fans.
- Practically odorless, which is preferred by some users
- Highly portable; it will not easily break or spill
- Provides a mild and pleasant feelings, easier for first-time users
- Its lower potency necessitates frequent use in order to maintain the pleasant feeling
Although Iron Fist is new to the market, the mild effects of amyl nitrite make it suitable for new users. It is also very portable, perfect for traveling or dancing in nightclubs.
2. Amsterdam Poppers
- Composed of isopropyl nitrite
- Comes in a 24ml glass bottle
- Has a sweet, fruity aroma
This brand hardly needs to be introduced. Its unique long-lasting formula and elegant packaging, as well as its long market presence, have helped to propel it to the top.
- Has been available for over 20 years
- Has a long-lasting formula
- Provides powerful pleasant feelings
- Isopropyl nitrite has been known to cause headaches and eye burn in some users
Amsterdam poppers have a pleasant, quite powerful feeling and have a decent power, as well as a sweet fruity aroma. Its long-lasting formula and lack of impurities have made it a success with users over the years, maintaining the popularity of this brand.
1. El Toro Strong
- Composed of pentyl nitrite and isopropyl nitrite
- Contains a moisture-eliminating pellet to slow down the degradation
- Comes in a 24ml glass bottle
El Toro Strong, gives very powerful and pleasant sensations, which regularly places this brand at the top of the list of experienced users. The true brand stands out for its power and longevity, evoking the bull’s virility.
- Has a powerful sweet-smelling aroma
- Provides smooth but powerful pleasant feelings
- Has a longer-lasting potency, helped by the moisture-eliminating pellet
- The powerful aromas and feelings can be overwhelming for some first-time users
Experienced popper users looking for powerful sensations swear by El Toro Strong. It provides a strong and pleasant sensation, and its power is longer even after opening the bottle, which means that it can be used for longer periods of time.
The Bottom Line of Best Poppers on the Market
Determining which brand of poppers is best ultimately depends on you, as every user reacts differently to the different nitrites they commonly contain. Amsterdam poppers have both the power and strength of isopropyl nitrite and the calming effects of nitrite pentyl, which consistently ranks it among one of the best poppers on the market.