Poppers are inhaled substances containing a specific class of chemicals known as alkyl nitrites. Used as recreational drugs, they are particularly popular in gay culture and are inhaled as vapors directly from UV-resistant bottles, which preserve the contents and prevent them from degrading.
The positive effects of poppers include a pleasant recreational high, increased heart rate and relaxation of the anal sphincter muscles, which is important for safe gay sex.
However, overuse of poppers can cause burning eyes, constant coughing, and persistent headaches, as well as skin lesions around the lips and nose.
So how can you be sure you are using one of the best, if not the best poppers on the market? Our comprehensive guide aims to make sure you use the best poppers, avoiding counterfeits and getting high without endangering your health.
Top 3 Best Poppers on the Market
3. Double Scorpio Emerald
- Made of isobutyl nitrite and other butyl combinations
- Contains peppermint and eucalyptus
- Comes in a 10 ml glass bottle with a good seal
- The smell is slightly sweet but not off-putting
The Double Scorpio emerald popper is slightly above average on a scale of one to ten, which can give you a regular popper experience. Great for newbies, it has only been around for a short while (since 2017) but is making a notable impact in the community. It was founded in Texas, licensed and labeled as a VHS cleaner.
- A good option for beginners
- No after-effects such as headaches, coughs, or dizziness, etc.
- Fast shipping and discreet packaging
- Pairs well with super rush black, jungle juice plus, etc.
- The bottle’s opening a little too narrow
- Not the strongest option in the market
The taste is slightly minty with an effect that can be rated somewhere between low and medium potency. So, it is not the strongest on the market. The after-effects are immediate and noticeable compared to others in the same category and can last for as long as half an hour. There are barely noticeable long-term after-effects, but this could vary depending on the individual.
2. Amsterdam Poppers
- Composed of isopropyl nitrite
- Comes in a 30ml glass bottle
- Has a sweet, fruity aroma
This brand hardly needs to be introduced. Its unique long-lasting formula and elegant packaging, as well as its long market presence, have helped to propel it to the top.
- Has been available for over 20 years
- Has a long-lasting formula
- Provides powerful pleasant feelings
- Isopropyl nitrite has been known to cause headaches and eye burn in some users
Amsterdam poppers have a pleasant, quite powerful feeling and have a decent power, as well as a sweet fruity aroma. Its long-lasting formula and lack of impurities have made it a success with users over the years, maintaining the popularity of this brand.
1. Super Rush
- Comes in a 10ml bottle
- Made in the United States and discreetly packaged
- Licensed and labeled as a solvent cleaner
- Contains isobutyl nitrite
Super Rush has a great reputation as a perfect head rush for loosening your rear in preparation for a great time. But you have to be time using it well because the effects last for just a few seconds to a couple of minutes depending on your body size, how much you took, the last time you ate, and any other substances you may have taken within the same time frame.
- Can easily be sniffed from the bottle
- Increased sense of euphoria, drive, and sensitivity
- Strong solvent smell
- A lot of fake in circulation
- Slight dizziness and headache
There are a number of other types of poppers from the PWD brand, but Rush 10ml is by far the most popular of them all, owing to its indispensable aroma which contains isobutyl nitrite. Buy directly from the website and authorized vendors to avoid purchasing fakes of which a lot are in circulation.
The Bottom Line of Best Poppers on the Market
Generally speaking, most users are very happy with the results they have gotten with all products on this list, and have recommended them to others who may not have had a lot of luck with poppers. So, feel free to purchase oneof the products on this review, they do come highly recommended.
However, remember to take care when using these substances. In some cases, it is not advisable to take them with certain drugs to avoid complications. Also, note that taking it in excess increases the effects and may cause complications. Dizziness, slight headache, lightheadedness, etc., are some of the side-effects you should be aware of when taking them.