Wrestling is becoming more and more popular all over the world. The appeal of this sport will continue to grow thanks to World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). However, we all know that what happens in WWE is staged. The real sport of wrestling tests your endurance, strength, agility and stamina. To withstand the heat of your opponent, you need to invest in good props. Wrestling shoes are one of the most important.
Choosing the best wrestling shoes is becoming more and more difficult due to the increasing number of manufacturers. The number of brands in the manufacture of wrestling shoes will probably increase even more in the coming years, as the spotlight is more focused on this sport and its enormous potential.
Different Types of Soles for Wrestling Shoes
The soles usually determine the weight and grip. The best wrestling shoes are those that offer good grip without wearing you out. There are two types of soles: the simple sole and the split sole. Modern technology uses different materials and techniques to make shoes lighter without splitting the soles.
Veteran wrestlers believe that single soles offer better grip while split soles offer better flexibility. If you have any doubts or are wondering about what are the best wrestling shoes, take a look at our top three picks.
Top 3 Best Wrestling Shoes
3. Adidas Mat Wizard
- Made of breathable material
- Flat non-split soles
- Weighs 1.7 pounds
When it comes to sports kits, Adidas continues to be one of the most important brands to deal with. The company designed the Mat Wizard to offer the old school experience while incorporating new technologies.
- Provides support for fallen arches and flat feet
- Lightweight allows you to move faster
- Comes in different colors
- Might be a bit pricey for those on a low budget
The breathable mesh material means that after long hours of use, the Mat Wizard is unlikely to give off a foul odor.
2. Asics Aggressor 4
- Duosole® outsole
- Weighs only 8.4 ounces (approx. 0.5 pounds)
- Ecsaine upper
The aggressor has been in the market since 2009 but continues to be upgraded with the prevailing technology.
- The trademark sole offers maximum flexibility and grip
- Lace stays hidden in a laces garage to avoid interruption
- Breathable material ensures the shoe stays cool
- The latest version is only available in 3 different colors
You probably won’t feel like you are wearing any shoes because of the ultra-lightweight—and that is good for your speed and stamina.
1. Otomix Stingray Escape
- A thin outsole
- Enhanced grip technology
- Made from breathable material
- Weighs 2 pounds
In wrestling, you need a good grip to hold on, and the MMA-style Stingray Escape is ruthless in this regard.
- The grip technology improves your stability and foothold
- The breathable material keeps you cool
- Thin outsole reduces foot injury
- Definitely one of the most expensive wrestling shoes
With better ankle support and grip, the Stingray Escape deserves first place for amateurs and professionals alike.