It was a Sunday night in New York City. Vegor, 25, was bored at home. So, he called his girlfriend, Ulyana, for a date in midtown Manhattan. However, Ulyana suggested something else. The famous violinist Valeriy Sokolov would perform that night in their city, so she suggested that they attend the orchestra. Although skeptical at first, Vegor agreed to be there with her just to make her 22-year-old Ukrainian stunner happy. “It’s a deal,” says Vegor, smiling at her unusual suggestion. At the end of the electrifying show at Carnegie Hall, the lovebirds had a good time together. Once home, Vegor picked up his smartphone in search of Best Strings for Electric Violins. He always had a violin from his music class but gave it up when his string broke. So when his blonde girlfriend asked him what he was doing, Vegor laughed and said, “I’m going back to his music class. The couple laughed about it. Now, do you want to be like Valeriy Sokolov? If so, walking through this room is the first step to making your dream come true.
Top 5 Electric Violin Strings
Let’s dive in!
5. Super Sensitive 4/4
- 9 color options
- Just as the name connotes, it is very sensitive
- It measures 4.5×0.1×4.5 inches
- It weighs 2.4 ounces
- It’s coated with steel
If you are a music student who needs this string because yours is broken and needs to be replaced, then Super Sensitive 4/4 will certainly cut it. It is specially designed for students. Now let’s show you why it’s cool for you.
- Instructors recommend it to their students
- This string is very dependable
- It has a top-notch tonal quality
- It serves the purposes of full and factional sizes
- This string is affordable
- As it is sensitive, it may not be as durable as other strings in this review
To a vast majority of students out there, affordability matters a lot. Indeed, that’s one of the For a large majority of students, affordability is very important. It’s one of the positive things this channel offers them. Again, because it’s an affordable channel, it’s recommended for people on a limited budget.
4. Prim 4/4
- It weighs 0.32 ounce
- This string has dimensions of 4×3.4×0.4 inches
- It comes in three gauges: orchestra, soft and medium
- It’s a 4/4 violin string
- Its friction coating clips to the pegs
Well, here’s another channel you can check if you don’t like the previous one. The best part is that it’s a Swedish string that’s relatively affordable. But these are not the only qualities it offers.
- It helps violinists produce the cool sounds
- Similar to Super Sensitive 4/4, Prim 4/4 strings are very sensitive
- It is an affordable product
- It is long-lasting and produces a good volume
- As this string is easy to thread, users can make adjustments (if need be)
- It sounds coarse in a chamber-music arena
Without a doubt, this string shares so much with the 4/4 Super Sensitive. The striking similarities are the level of sensitivity and affordability. Therefore, if you really understand the ins and outs of this part of the violin, chances are that you don’t like this string since you don’t like the one that took our 5th position. If this is the case, the best thing to do is to check the rest.
3. D’Addario Violin String (NS310 NS)
- It is made of standard steel-core material
- This product has a medium tension
- It measures 4.3×0.5×4.4 inches
- It also weighs 0.4 ounces
- It’s another 4/4 scale string
Third, on our list, this string has a dual purpose. You see, Addario violin strings can be used for both electrical and acoustic purposes, which makes them exceptional. And what’s interesting is that it promises even more appealing benefits.
- Temperature changes have no effect on it
- Its bow response is so superb
- Additionally, it is easy to use
- It produces an extremely warm sound
- Properly sealed to avert rust
- It is also budget-friendly
- D’Addario Violin String is a durable product
- It doesn’t produce sufficient resonance as some strings are often muted
Made by D’Addario & Company Inc., the D’Addario violin string is specially designed for students. One of the characteristics of this product is its warm sound production. Similar to the super-sensitive violin string, many teachers recommend it to their students. However, its advantage over the super-sensitive violin string is its affordable price. Beyond its weaknesses, this product offers great value to users, especially high-quality sound and affordability.
2. Artisan’s Violin Strings
- This electric string measures 4.3×4.3×0.1 inches
- It weighs 0.32 ounces
- It offers both 3/4 and 4/4 string sizes
- This is made of stainless steel
Do you need a string that completely eliminates finger noise? If so, Artisan’s violin string is the product designed for that purpose. In addition to be a quiet string, this string is also warm and durable. In fact, this string has so much in one package that users get more out of it.
- This violin string is good for beginners and pros
- It is a premium-quality product
- It produces clear and bright tones
- This product is budget-friendly
- It is easy to install and replace
- This string has no protector for its A and E strings, thus exposing it to corrosion
Of all the advantages of this product, ease of use and price are the most significant. This is true because a growing list of users who are satisfied with this product buy it because of these two advantages. As far as ease of use is concerned, both amateurs and professionals can use this chain effortlessly. Indeed, many amateur players have testified that they have installed it easily, making it their favorite string.
1. D’Addario Helicore
- It is scaled to 4/4 string violin
- This comes with multi-stranded steel core material
- D’Addario Helicore weighs 1.28 ounces
- It measures 4.6×4.8×4.3 inches
Finally, we have arrived at the best string in our Top 5 Strings for Electric Violin. This string has become the best one here because it’s a very strong string. Also, it works perfectly in a wide range of genres and styles. So, if you want to achieve any of these goals, you should not settle for less. Let’s look at some other qualities that you will find captivating.
- With the standard steel core, players are sure to obtain the warm tone
- It has a quick bow response, which is possible with the small string diameter
- Manufactured to meet the industry’s superb quality
- It is properly guarded against elements that may cause corrosion
- It is a durable string
- It is the costliest electric violin string on our list
It is often said that good things don’t come cheap. Maybe that explains why it’s expensive. It is obvious that it has many benefits that offset its price and make it beneficial to the intended users. If you really want to get your styles, this is for you.
Making a Choice of Best Strings for Electric Violin
Do you have an electric violin that you abandoned because of a broken string? It’s time to replace it. You see, Vegor made an informed decision by going on the Internet to consult some of the major products on the market to replace his broken string. Since you’re already reading this guide, it’s a good thing you did the same thing. That being said, there are factors you consider when you want to buy the right string. It is important to take them into account because different strings produce very different results when installed in an electric violin.
These factors are:
- String coating as it makes the string last longer
- The material used to make the string. Well, this is particularly important as various materials produce different sounds and tones
- Ensure that you choose the right gauge as it also affects the result as well
- Customizable strings. While all the strings may not offer this benefit, it is a must-buy any time you see a string that allows you to customize your string.
In this review, we have conducted extensive research on the top 5 electric violin strings to bring you some of the best products available. Believe it when we tell you that we have done justice to this. All you need to do is remember the important points we have covered in this document. Although there are other strings that may be cheaper than these, we urge you to stick to the ones we offer here. The fact is that many, many of these products are of inferior quality and will not stand the test of time. Finally, these products on our list are very affordable, so it is in your best interest to order one of them now!