Today, we will look at a vital component of the computer technology. Well, it is the mechanical keyboard. You may not be paying attention because it is a spring-based keyboard built to deliver best-in-class gaming and typing experiences. This keyboard has switches that lie underneath the keys, helping to display the character inputted. Basically, this type of keyboard is quite different from the good old rubber dome keyboards.
Computer giant IBM introduced it in 1980’s, and it has held sway to date. Many experts say that the inspiration behind the technology is the good old typewriter, which was developed in 1878. Well, it has some benefits, which includes precision, responsiveness, durability, and high speed. In this piece, we will review some best mechanical keyboards on the market for you.
Top 5 Best Mechanical Keyboards to Choose
5. Corsair K70 RGB MK.2
- It has two color options
- This is a German product
- It measures 17.2 x 6.5 x 1.5 inches
- The device is made to be detachable
- The frame is made of aircraft-grade aluminum
If you need a mechanical keyboard that gives you all the benefits that come with this category of device, then you should make sure that you include this computer accessory to your list of best mechanical keyboards. Well, it has a 100% Cherry MX Red Switches, which goes to show that it is a typical example of the device. Each of its 104 keys is fitted with stunning RGB LED.
- Regardless of the speed of the gamer, this keyboard registers keys accurately
- It is a very reliable tech product
- The contact key switches are gold-plated, making it very attractive
- It comes with a built-in 8MB dedicated memory as well as hardware playback
- Many users may consider it a bit pricey
Obviously, this piece has lots of benefits as you can see above. Apart from the benefits that were mentioned above, there are other features you will find interesting. With its CORSAIR iCUE software, users can conveniently go into macro programming. There are also dedicated multimedia controls. As mentioned earlier, there is a detachable soft-touch wrist rest. If you have been trying out similar devices in the past and don’t seem to like them, it is high time you gave this product a try. Yes, it is a must-have.
4. Razer BlackWidow Elite with Green Mechanical Switches
- This comes in three switches: tactile and silent orange, linear and silent yellow, and tactile and clicky green
- It weighs 3.69 pounds and measures 9.2 x 17.6 x 1.7 inches
- Similar to the device above, here each of its keys is also fitted with RGB LED
- The clicky sound with 50 G of auction force makes it satisfying
In the computer technology industry, another keyboard that many users are increasingly going for is Razer BlackWidow Elite. Beautifully designed to keep users engulfed in typing and gaming activities, this input unit ensures that every character inputted is captured at once and transmitted to the screen. Just like the accessory that came before it, this also has Cherry MX switches. This, no doubt, is the best mechanical keyboards for work.
- This has dust and liquid protection mechanism
- Its keys are optimized in a way that commands can be captured and transmitted at the drop of a hat
- The Razer Hypershift technology allows users to double the number of customizable buttons
- It boasts durable 80 million keystroke lifespan
- There is a provision for USB, making the product very useful for file storage
- It is far costlier than regular keyboards
Indeed, this tech product offers effortless and full integration, which makes it perfect for typing and gaming. With ergonomic consideration, this device ensures that the user gets maximum comfort if he is playing game for a long time. It delivers a durable construction and has a military-grade top metal plate. Still, it is compatible with other devices, including Xbox. Lastly, the Razer Hypershift technology remaps the keys in a way that commands are easily executed. No doubt, this tech product is worth giving a try.
3. Wooting One Linear 55 Red Analog Keyboard
- Each of the keys has an integrated, stunning backlight
- It measures 6.3 x 1.6 x 14.5 inches and weighs 1.8 pound
- And it is designed to run on all the operating systems, such as Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux
- It is built with military-grade aluminum and pure ABS plastic
Well, here is one gadget that many users would consider the best cheap mechanical keyboard because it is a mix of high performance and good price. Plus, it offers buyers 2-year warranty, which sort of gives users the assurance that it is a bankable product. On top of that, it is capable of adjusting actuation point between 1.5 to 3.6mm.
- Allows you take control of your in-game characters
- It delivers the precise throttle and brake control
- This keyboard makes actuation point for a single keystroke, thus making it user-friendly
- It is also swappable
- While many users many consider it budget-friendly, others may find it costly
When you have a durable and detachable product, you can be sure you have gifted yourself the best budget mechanical keyboard on the market. Indeed, this is exactly what this device mirrors as it has some of those benefits and more. With 10 unique RGB effects, it delivers a stunning look. More importantly, it is easy to configure and use as well. You can do other amazing things when you are gaming, such as increasing your pace and applying abrupt brakes. Beyond questions, this device made this list due to the value it gives countless number of users.
2. Das Keyboard 4 Professional
- It has superb Cherry MX Switches
- This device is specially equipped with Soft Tactile Cherry MX Brown switches
- Optional port for USB 3.0 SuperSpeed hub
- It weighs 18 x 6.8 x 1.3 inches and weighs 2.9 pounds
- Made of black anodized aluminum
Well, this input unit is a typical device that is worth every penny spent on it. As a good example of mechanical keyboard, it has a Mac Cherry MX Switch. This keyboard perfectly resonates the phrase, “Experience like no other.” It is compatible with a wide range of operating systems. However, it is specifically built to meet the gaming and typing needs of Mac users. Indeed, it is the best mechanical keyboard for typing on Mac computers.
- The mix of tactile feel, incredible craftsmanship and psycho-acoustic experience delivers topnotch typing and gaming experiences
- It has instant sleep button, which enables users to save energy
- This device has NKRO over USB to encourage fast typing
- Designed to meet the specific functions of Mac OS
- Has a large volume knob that allows you to alter the volume of the system while streaming
- It is expensive
Although it is specifically developed for Mac OS users, you can also use it on other operating systems. Plus, you can measure things with the Das keyboard footbar in place of a meter rule. With the UV hard coating-protected key caps, you wouldn’t have to worry about this keyboard fading. You can also depend on this device to provide excellent tactile and audio feedbacks. That’s not all to it, if you are a Mac OS techie, you should go for this product because it perfectly works with custom-made Mac OS functions. Well, you should give it a try to see the rest of the benefits that it has on offer.
1. Havit HV KB-390L
- This is devices comes with full 87-key NRKO for accuracy
- Has a clicky blue switch
- It has 1ms report rate
- This device weighs 1.12 pounds and measures 13.9 x 5 x 0.9 inches
While most of the devices that were reviewed so far were priced above $100, this product is more affordable. You probably know that there are beginners who seek the best mechanical keyboard under 100. Therefore, if you are one of them, you should try this computer accessory. Do you know why? Just relax as you will get to know all about it after going through its features, benefits and others.
- It leaves users with very good typing and gaming experiences
- This device is easily mobile
- Its keys are laser engraved, and it comes with blue LED backlighting
- Also, it is compact and thin, which makes it very easy to move about
- Although it is affordable, it has no numpad
- Can only be customized for Windows OS
Apart from all the benefits that we have mentioned above, this device has four color options. More importantly, it is budget-friendly, meaning new gamers have the rare opportunity to join a growing list mechanical keyword gamers. The blue LED light is simply unique and ensures that users’ programming needs met. Not to mention that it has detachable USB and micro cable. No doubt, this keyboard is just perfect for those are on budget and want to enjoy gaming and/or programming. Consequently, this is the best small mechanical keyboard for all the newbies.
Last Words About Best Mechanical Keyboards
Over time, people have come to realize that the best wireless mechanical keyboard gives users the best value for their money. In this guide, we have exhaustively discussed some of those devices that every gamer needs to have in order to get the most out of gaming. How about the typist, chief executive or office assistant? Well, these mechanical keyboards are also built for them. So, if you have mechanical keyboards need in your workplace or online game house, we encourage to go for one of these tech products just so you can enjoy all the benefits that they offer. Finally, do that today.