The best way to protect sensitive documents from wrinkling, wear and tear is to laminate them. A laminator allows delicate files to be stored in a thin plastic or vinyl film. The best laminator for small business must strike a balance between capacity, space, speed, security and price. It’s a good idea to review the technology to make sure it fits your business model. Laminators that use thermal technology are very common in the marketplace. They are equipped with rollers that heat to enclose the file in film.
Some have cold laminating capabilities. They simply press the film containing your file. Smaller companies that need finished files quickly, heat up quickly and cover a greater distance in a short period of time are preferable and should be given higher priority. This variety of technologies, as well as the large number of possibilities, can make it difficult to decide what is good for your business. Whatever your business model, take a look at the list of the best laminator for small business.
Top 3 Best Laminator for Small Business
3. Swingline 1701857ECR
- Warms up in 4 minutes
- Operates at a pace of nine inches in a minute
- A cooling setting for materials that are heat-sensitive
For fast and easy one-step lamination at a friendly budget, the Swingline is certainly one of the best for small businesses. It has features that make it very practical.
- Can be used for files of varying sizes
- Easy release of stuck materials using the manual jam release
- An indicator tells you when it is ready to use
- Lacks automatic anti-jam system
- Has a 4-minutes warm-up time can feel like forever
The Swingline Laminator is easy to use and produce a decent result. It can handle the day-to-day requirements of small businesses.
2. Scotch TL 1306
- One minute warm-up
- Laminates 18 inches in a minute
- Automatic anti-jam system
- Auto shutdown after one hour of inactivity
The sleek design of the Scotch TL ensures that you get the work done and adds glamour to your working space.
- Has three pouches to handle varying thickness
- Your file will never get stuck
- An indicator that draws your attention when it is time to insert your file
- Documents that are over 9 inches will not fit into this laminator
One thing is clear, the Scotch TL was designed with the safety of your file in mind while offering great versatility.
1. Fellowes Saturn3i
- InstaHeat for rapid warm-up in one minute
- Automatic shutdown
- Cold and hot lamination settings
The innovative design and combination of cold and hot technology in one unit definitely makes the Fellowes Laminator an asset for small businesses.
- Automatic shutdown saves energy
- Audible beep and green light are better than just light indicators
- Easy to release jammed files with lever
- Might be expensive for a small business
The versatile work option will certainly compensate for the high initial price over time.