Cold days are coming, so it’s time to grab your fishing rod, boots, and don’t forget your ice auger. This tool is essential for a fun and productive fishing session. If you love ice fishing and want to keep up with the latest trends and equipment for your favorite sport, we have the ultimate list of the top 3 ice augers for the money.
Top 3 Best Ice Auger for the Money
3. Eskimo Mako M43 43cc, 8 in. Quantum Ice Auger
- Fingertip throttle trigger
- Coldwater, 43cc, 2-cycle Engine (Viper)
- Mitten-grip recoil
- Sheer gas tank
- The cutting diameter of 8 inches
- 9000 RPM
- All ball bearing transmission
- Foam covered handles
- Quantum blades
- High profile ON/OFF switch
This is top-of-the-range equipment within an economical tool. The Mako is equipped with the well-known original Viper engine (for cold weather) and the patented Eskimo blades Quantum™, making it a powerful and efficient tool.
The Mako is an affordable and easy to use tool that has become one of the biggest sellers of ice augers on the market.
2. Strikemaster Lazer Mag Power
- Available in 8 and 10 inches blade diameter
- Blade guard to avoid accidents
- Twin laser blades made of stainless Steel
- Sheer white tank for gas level visualizing
- 2.5 horsepower, 42cc, 2-cycle engine
- Vandar handle system for easy grip
The Lazer Mag is a favorite of ice anglers, new and old, who are looking for equipment that balances quality and technology. Its improved body with fiberglass handles makes it stronger than ever. This powerful and highly effective tool from Strikemaster includes an Allen wrench, a bold collar, and blades that include a blade cover to provide a complete set of tools for the ice angler.
The Strikemaster Lazer is the lightest ice auger of its kind. For cutting ice over 42 inches thick, this tool offers an optional extension sold separately. With its high-tech construction and extra features, it is an indispensable tool for those who love ice fishing.
1. ION X Eskimo High-Performance Series
- 5amp XC5 lithium-ion battery
- Smooth cut thanks to the weldless cast bottom
- Reverse button
- 8 inches blade diameter
- Transmission type: planetary
- Aluminum handles
This ION X is without a doubt one of the most popular tendrils on the market. And, how could it not be? Featuring the latest technology, the ION X has redesigned its customers’ favorite model to make it even better.
Featuring its best electrical features, this ION X offers 60% longer battery life for drilling longer on a single charge, and an extension included in each package to allow you to drill from 34 to 46 inches.
The market is full of different options for those who enjoy the wonders of ice fishing. If you’re an avid ice fishing enthusiast, then you can’t miss the chance to get one of these top 3 ice drillers for the money. Whatever you choose, you will make a good choice.