Geometry is a branch of math that deals with the study of shapes. We live in a world of shapes. Geometry allows mathematicians, scientists, engineers and other professionals to understand relationships that connect shapes to the real world. Therefore, if you are high schooler or a parent, it is a great idea to buy the best geometry book for high school. As far as education is concerned, math is a subject which puts a lot of fear into students, especially high schoolers.
Without a strong mathematical foundation, most students struggle to pass their semester exams. A good math background starts with high school geometry. It will open up the minds of students to understand, appreciate and maybe invent/make products with groundbreaking shapes. Take the wheel for example; these circular shapes have been fitted onto vehicles; they virtually transport everything in the world today. The best geometry book for high school comes with simplified math concepts/diagrams to allow average students learn with little difficulty.
We took our time to carry out a research on the best geometry book for high school. Here is what we got.
Top 3 Best Geometry Book for High School
3. McDougal Littell Geometry
- Beautiful cover design
- Tons of practice questions
- Answers to quizzes
It is a simplified geometry book for high schoolers/ Grades 9-12. In general, the book has a student-friendly and impactful content which can prepare students for geometry exams.
- It’s well-clarified content makes understanding easier
- It has geometrical formulas
- The example questions push students to improve their problem-solving skills
- The inclusion of answers help students to correct their calculation errors
- Parents/students can afford the price
- It’s a bit old
A lot of math teachers recommend this book for high schoolers. When combined with algebra, it can lift up a student’s performance.
2. Barron’s Painless Geometry
- Flexible cover (paperback)
- Brain-tickling quizzes
- Solved geometric problems
- Geometric shapes (triangles, circles, rectangles etc.)
The book’s title has said it all – It is a 2018-published geometry textbook which has been carefully written with a touch of simplicity. It allows students to learn geometry without any pain.
- It teaches students to solve real geometric problems
- It’s good for students in high schools/8-graders and above
- Convenient for fast or slow learners
- The cover is soft
Painless geometry is an essential book that makes students fall in love with geometry. The book is rated 4.7 stars.
1. Tutor in a Book’s Geometry
- Over 500 problems for students to solve
- Plenty illustrations
It’s a complete geometry book with self-teaching content. The simplified geometric explanations meet the needs of students.
- It affords self-tuition
- There are answers to proofs
- The illustrations speed up understanding
- Good for teenagers and high schools
- It weights almost 2 pounds, still not heavy
The author and editor of this book are mathematics experts. They highly recommend it for students who want to take geometry learning into their own hands.