For those who may not know what it is, a dash cam is a video camera that truckers (drivers) usually mount on their vehicles to enable them record their movements and other activities that happen on the highway. More often than not, it is mounted on the dashboard or windscreen, so it films through the windscreen.
Also spelt dashcam or called car DVR, it helps the trucker to keep close tabs on activities happening on the road as they unfold. So, in this piece, we have rounded up the best dash cam for the money. Indeed, we will review some of these gadgets to enable you get the most from the market.
Top 5 Best Dash Cam for Truckers
5. OldShark Dash Cam
- It has a HD display with resolution 1920×1080
- Has a high CMOS sensor and a 3-inch LCD display screen
- Its dimension is 3.5 x 1 x 0.6 inches
- And it weighs 4.3 ounces
If you are a trucker looking to install one of the best DVRs on the market, you should consider OldShark Dam Cam. You see, this product is durable and begins filming the minute your engine starts. With a crystal-clear picture quality and a lens that winds up 170-degree angle, you know that you are getting nothing short of maximum protection. For those looking for the best dash cam for truckers, you have one in this device.
- With a memory card of 32GB, users can store a lot of recorded clips
- The 1.8” aperture enables it to film at night
- It is very easy to install and use
- This is designed to automatically dictate accidents and save files
- It doesn’t show the real distance of vehicle
- The suction mounts are not durable in some of them
No doubt, having this mounted inside the truck has lots of exciting benefits. It is particularly interesting because the product is affordable and long-lasting. Although some users complain of its suction mounts not lasting as long as they thought it would, that’s just some of the isolated incidents. By and large, you should join a growing number of truckers who have made it their best rated dash cam.
4. Rexing S300 Cam
- Has full HD 1980×1080
- This features the blend of F2.4 six-glass lens
- It is GPS enabled and has 2.7-inch screen
- This DVR has a width of 170-degree angle
Well, this comes with buttons that make it easier for a user to operate it with either a single hand or both hands. With a well-fitted lens, it can capture everything around the trucker regardless of the time of the day. This lens at 170-degree angle films everything happening in daytime and at night. With a GPS enabler, this piece of innovative equipment can record events as well as detect the location that the activities are taking place. Still searching for best dash cam for truckers? If so, search no more!
- It does excellent night filming
- Multiple venting gills ensure that it stays resistant to extreme weather conditions
- It is a very portable gadget
- With G-Sensor and Emergency Lock Button, the device can easily lock current video file
- The adhesive mounting pad provides topnotch mounting mechanism
- It is a bit costlier than the previous one
- And it’s not as durable as the previous product
- It also experiences lots of interference
With the lens that rotates easily, it can capture almost everything that happens around it. It is also important to note that this device was designed with safety taken into consideration. What’s more, it comes with a one-year warranty, and there is a customer care desk that helps customers who have one complaint or another about it. Obviously, this device has lots and lots benefits, resounding the fact that it should be in this best dash cam review.
3. ITRUE X60 Dash Cam
- There is full HD video 1920×1080 at 30 FPS
- Also, there is six-glass of F1.6 lens and a sensitive sensor
- The operating temperature is between 10F-140F
- It also features a G-Sensor
- Plus, there are memory card slot and GPS
Looking for the best dual dash cam out there? If so, then your search stops here. This device has 2.4-inch LCD display screen, making it one of the most sought-after gadgets by drivers in the freight industry. Still, you can install the first one in the front and another with the aid of 3M adhesive tape. When these two DVRs are installed, they work seamlessly, thus perfectly filming things happening around you as you move around.
- With a memory card slot of up to 64GB, there is enough space for storing files
- The G-Sensor enables the Auto-locking of recorded video in the event of an accident
- This device is programmed to start recording the minute the ignition is turned on
- There is 170-degree angled lens that covers activities as they unfold
- This is very expensive
While this device does a very good job at covering the activities around the trucker as he plies on the highway, there are certain precautions that he has to stick to. For instance, it is important that you connect this device to an external power source while in use. This is so because battery is specifically designed for saving files in the times of emergency. Additionally, you shouldn’t use it with a windshield when you are parking in direct sunshine. The reason is the threshold operating temperature. Yes, here is the perfect solution for those who continuously search online for the “best dual camera dash cam.”
2. KDLINKS X1 Dash Cam
- This is a GPS-enabled device
- It records GPS data and saves it into video clips
- There is high-quality Li-polymer 3.7v 110mAH battery
- Just like others, it has Emergency Lock Button and Accident Auto Detection feature
- It measures 3.3 x 1.7 x 0.5 inches
Making this list is this gadget that offers a wide array of exciting benefits. Indeed, this gadget guarantees some superb picture quality, and it is easy to handle. When it is installed, it has 2-inch height and 3.5-inch width. More importantly, this is supported by a suction cup mount. Still looking for the best car dash cam? If yes, your search ends here.
- It comes with a one-year warranty
- This device can film both in daytime and at night
- It comes with an 8GB micro SD memory card
- Has full-HD video 1920×1080 at 30 FPS
- Its GPS works perfectly
- The size of the memory card is not as big as those that have been previously reviewed
- It is expensive
Are you in need of best night vision dash cam? Well, you have one right here. Indeed, this device has been specially designed to help you capture every pin that drops around the truck every second it is switched on. In fact, the Emergency Lock System ensures that no recorded file is lost in an event of road mishap as it detects such eventualities. With the built-in GPS, the gadget records activities and embeds them into video clips, which you can watch anytime. No doubt, this device is a must-buy.
1. Vantrue N2 Pro Dual Dash Cam
- This is a dual camera system with 170-degree front-facing and 140-degree rear cams
- Comes with an OV489 Sony sensor system
- There is an advanced F1.8 front OV4689 lens
- It is heat- and cold-resistant
- There is auto support for LCD off
Do you need the best front and rear dash cam? Well, the fact of the matter is, you can bank on this gadget to provide that service. Basically, there is a 170-degree facing sensor camera and then another of 140-degree facing Sony senor camera. No doubt, the union of these two pieces ensures that you get your money’s worth. In other words, this simply translates to improved protection unlike the single ones.
- This device doesn’t just film activities, but it also has built-in timestamp mechanism
- There is a Time Lapse function that is used for video and picture editing
- LCD Rotate feature allows you to mount the device at any position that you wish to on the dashboard
- The optional GPS allows you to track your route as you travel
- Many drivers may find it costly
Unarguably, no best dash cam review will be complete without this device featuring in it. This is so because it has breathtaking features that win the heart of anyone out there. Although some drivers may find it costly, it is really worth every penny spent on it. So, you should give it a try today.
Do you need the best dash cam reviews? Well, we have compiled for you a list of five products that are unique on the market today. Therefore, we encourage you to stick to this list if you wish to gift yourself a camera for your car or truck as these devices have all the important functionalities that you will need in your ideal DVR. In a bid to give you the most effective products in the industry, there are certain factors that we took into consideration while making the list. These factors are GPS, stability, resolution, night vision, cycling recording, and price.
Beyond a shadow of doubt, these are the most crucial factors to look out for in an ideal DVR. Once again, do you still search: “What is the best dash cam?” Well, it’s time to end that search because we have done the legwork for you. Therefore, you should just go ahead and place the order for one of the gadgets above because this list contains the best dash cam in the industry.