There is a very fine line that differentiates between going home with your trophy bass in your hand and going home empty-handed as an angler. Coincidentally, whichever side you’re on, it depends on the type of fishing line or rope you’re using. If you know anything about fishing, you know that there are three types of ropes used for this purpose: monofilament, fluorocarbon and braided ropes.
However, in this document we will focus on braided fishing line. As the name implies, these types of line are made from strands of woven materials such as Dyneema and Spectra. They are strong, have imperceptible elasticity, are wear-resistant and have a narrow circumference. These characteristics make them suitable for catching sea bass in their preferred habitat in the midst of dense vegetation.
As positive as it may seem, the use of such fishing ropes also has its disadvantages. However, this has not prevented many anglers from taking trophy catches. Let’s take a look at the best color braided fishing line for bass any angler should consider having in his/her arsenal.
Top 3 Best Color Braided Fishing Line for Bass
3. Berkley Fireline Fused Superline
- It’s rounder
- It’s smoother
- It has high level of stiffness
This cord consists of an eight-bearing Dyneema braid, unlike the traditional four-bearing many cords. Its built-in rigidity resists the tendency to entanglement, even in windy weather.
- Its less prone to tangling because of its stiffness
- It gives better cast experience due to its roundness
- Because it’s wear-resistant, it’s suitable for use in rough terrain
- The use of this cord doesn’t encourage line digging
- Its packaging gives minimal information about the cord
This is a well-rounded product and a must have.
2. Suffix 832 Advanced Superline
- Produced from Dyneema and GORE materials
- Each inch of this cord consists of 32 weaves
- Constitutes the highest knot and tensile strength to circumference ratio
It is produced from 8 woven materials with 32 weaves in each inch of the rope. Of the 8 fibers it contains, 7 are made from Dyneema while the last is made from GORE material. The inculcation of the two materials makes the cord wear-resistant, extremely strong, and also gives it a small circumference, low friction and low noise while improving the accuracy and length of the casting.
- It’s a UV protected cord
- It is fast sinking
- It is resistant to wear
- It’s expensive
You won’t regret if you ever decided to purchase this product.
1. PowerPro Spectra
- Made from woven Spectra Fiber
- Coated with EBT
- Features a 3-end weave
Arguably the best color braided fishing line for bass, made with Enhanced Body Technology (EBT) which makes it rounder, smoother and more sensitive.
- It’s cheap
- It’s very strong, doesn’t easily break
- It’s very sensitive
- It takes practice to learn to use the cord efficiently
Any pro angler would want this product, you should too. As a professional or beginner angler, one of the above lines will be suitable for your fish-catching needs.