In the circle of percussion musical instruments, very few can rival the popularity of the Cajon drum, thanks to the rich sounds it produces. Different versions have been produced with new innovations to improve its overall sound, resulting in a wide variety of drums available to users. It is therefore important to choose from this great variety to get the best Cajon drum for the money spent to acquire it.
When choosing a drum, the user is faced with the burden of having to go through a wide variety to choose the type that meets his needs, making the choice difficult. It is therefore important to pay close attention to the various unique features of drums before making a choice.
After careful research, here are the two best Cajones to get on a budget, which will help streamline the choices available when deciding which one to buy.
These two drums highlight the important features needed to make a choice and offer a two-in-one solution: quality drums that produce melodious sounds, and drums that will give you value for your money without exceeding your budget.
Top 2 Best Cajon Drum for the Money
2. Latin Percussion Americana Groove Wire Cajon Drum
- The body and soundboard is made of top-quality dark Baltic Birchwood
- It has an adjustable front plate made up of front plate screws that can be tightened or loosened for producing buzzing tones
- It has a clear resonating sound and distinct separation of snare and bass tones produced
- Rubber feet at the base provides stability when playing it
- The corners are rounded to provide comfort when playing it
Latin Percussions Americana Groove Wire Cajon drum is as simple and affordable as it sounds, but that doesn’t detract from its standard quality.
The high-quality wood and materials used in its manufacture contribute to its unique sound and the protective body responsible for its durability, a quality that sets it apart. Its ease of use also makes it a favorite with beginners.
- It does not require any complicated tuning or set up before you can begin to play it
- It is highly durable
- Very easy to attach a microphone during a live performance
- Unique resonating tones
- You cannot do much to tweak the sounds produced
This Cajon drum is a masterpiece that combines the most sought-after qualities of durability and impeccable sound. The masterful engineering used in the choice of materials it is made of, and in its overall construction makes it a fantastic work of art!
1. Meinl SUBCAJ5WN Jumbo Bass Subwoofer
- Unlike the traditional style of rear-facing sound ports, it has forward facing sound ports which enhance its bass sound as well as its general sound by directing it outward. This feature also allows for the convenient placement of a microphone while playing.
- It has sets of internally fixed snare wires that produce crisp sounds when light rapid finger rolls are played on its surface.
- Rubber feet are attached close to the four edges of its base to keep the instrument stable.
- It’s cool walnut casing has a rear handle for improved mobility.
This is a top-quality Cajon drum and a must for all professional players, or even amateur players who like to use top quality instruments that produce the best sound.
- The center can be hit without the inbuilt snares rattling
- Its sound is projected forward to the audience through the forward-facing sound ports
- Produces perfect pairing sounds of bass and snare tones
- It can be moved around with relative ease regardless of its big size
- It is big and may not be so convenient to carry around
This Cajon drum can be used to play any style of music, and is suitable for all contexts, whether on stage at a concert or in the studio.
In short, the superb quality of the Meinl Jumbo Bass Cajon Drum Subwoofer makes it the best for the money used to purchase it, which is just under $200; it’s a big, beautiful beast!