AV-HDMI converters have dramatically revolutionized the way we interface older electronics with newer ones. Assuming you’re still deeply in love with your Nintendo 64 game system, you’ll enjoy a much better gaming experience if you purchased the best AV to HDMI Converter for N64. The higher the game display quality, the better the experience.
But why is this important? Instead of throwing away your N64 for no good reason, it might be wiser to get the best AV to HDMI Converter for N64. You probably know that N64 consoles come with AV cables/RCA jacks. They worked well with older TV models. However, with the introduction of modern TVs, the N64 will not give you a better display (it may even be incompatible with modern TVs), until you find a suitable converter.
Here’s a list of reviews that will guide you to a game-changing experience.
Top 3 Best AV to HDMI Converter for N64
3. Udigital Converter
- Outputs HDMI signals with resolutions of 720-108P, at 60Hz
- Integrated stereo from HDMI output
- Up-scaling capability for S-video and composite video
- Motion compensator to enrich picture quality
- Input for RCA , composite or S-video
Converts RCA signals such as AV, Composite and CVBS into HD. With this, it is possible to play older games on modern TV monitors.
- Very compatible with many consoles such as the N64, NES, Game Cube, etc.
- Gives amazing picture qualities with respect to the source of input
- Has an adapter for DVI
- The motion compensator does a good job in increasing the resolution of the converted picture
- It automatically detects and adjusts NTSC/PAL signals
- Sold at $38.55, it’s kind of expensive
The Udigital Converter is reputable. It is a perfect match for the N64.
2. GANA Mini
- RCA input port
- HDMI output 720-1080P
- USB port for power
- Analogue converter for composite input
Converts composite signals, CVBS signals and AV signals into HDMI form. With this, digital conversion of analogue signals from RCA devices is possible.
- It supports integration with the N64
- It has an advanced processing power which results in high definition visuals
- It automatically detects and converts composite signals to higher resolution (1080P)
- It has Inbuilt drivers
- Costing about $14.99, it is very affordable
- It may not work well with nonstandard power cables
GANA Mini is a popular video converter with a near 5-star rating.
1. E-SDS Converter
- Selectable switch button for 720 or 1080P HDMI output
- DC power input at 5V, 1A
- LED indicator
- Composite AV input
- Audio input(L/R)
Converts AV devices such as DVDs, VCRs and game systems into HD.
- Supports the N64
- Less noisy
- Advanced display
- Supports plug and play, no requirement for drivers
- Supports NTSC and PAL
- Priced at $41.99, it is expensive but still worth it
The E-SDS is a top-notch video converter which is suitable for the N64.