The world would be a better place if we do not suffer so much pollution, especially from cars. Be that as it may, technology has contributed positively through the catalytic converter. Just in case you are wondering, this is a device that neutralizes the harmful effects of car exhaust pollution with the help of a catalyst. Unburned gasoline also known as hydrocarbons, nitrogen oxides, and carbon monoxide are some of the harmful compounds that are emitted into our surroundings through exhausts. And, yes, they are very deadly, especially in high concentrations. This is why a catalytic converter is very important.
Aside from a cleaner and less polluted environment, this device can cause some complications in your car if it is in a bad condition. It can reduce your engine performance, rattling noise, malfunctioning engine light, and so on. If you notice any of these in your car, your cat converter may need to be replaced. Do well to find out who makes the best catalytic converters in the market if you don’t want to spend your cash on substandard products.
Top 3 Best Aftermarket Catalytic Converter Brand
3. Autosaver88 High Flow
- 4 inch inlet and outlet, 4 inch OD exhaust, and 11.4-inch length
- High load noble metal catalyst
- Federal EPA certified
This item is the third on our list for a number of reasons. It has all the fundamental features as expected, and it is known to withstand very high heat.
- It can withstand very high temperature at a heavy-duty level
- Warranty: 50 thousand miles or 5 years
- Made of durable stainless steel material
- Negative review on emission test
This is one of the best catalytic converter brand for high performing cars and trucks. It is designed to meet and exceed great quality without sacrificing flow rate.
2. Walker 16468 Ultra Direct Fit Catalytic Converter
- Stainless steel body
- Heat shield
- Weighs 7 pounds
This is one of the best stainless steel converters out there. They are high priced, but they are worth it in the long run.
- With the help of the heat shield, this product can stand high temperature
- Lightweight, therefore, is good for performance application
- Thick OE styled flanges
- Not very affordable
If you want to go for this option, ensure that you get the right fit for your car make and model seeing as this might vary.
1. Magnaflow 91005
- Weighs 4.8 pounds
- 2.25-inch inlet and outlet
- Stainless steel construction
This is the best aftermarket catalytic converter brand made by one of the most popular exhaust manufacturers. It is both effective and very affordable for the great qualities it offers.
- It has a firm and durable seam welding
- It comes with an integrated heat shield to help it stand high heat
- A lot of great positive reviews online and offline
- Very cheap
- Not so durable
This brand performs very well as expected, and it is also cheap. You may have to change it more often because it has a short lifespan according to reviews.